Our TIMBER MANAGEMENT PLAN is designed to meet the goals of the client. Before any service is rendered, the goals must be understood to determine the type of service needed. The plan provides a description of the property, a timber type map, a timber cruise and evaluation, and recommendations of actions to be taken in carrying out the management of the property.
Our TIMBER SALE SERVICE includes the following:
1. Setup - Conducting a cruise or timber marking to determine the type, volume and estimated value of the timber to be sold.
2. Advertisement - Preparing a timber sale notice that provides for the location and conditions of the sale. Notices are sent to all buyers in the area.
3. Bid Opening - The sealed bids will be opened on a date and at a time and location as advertised. The results will be presented to the client, who has the right to reject any and all bids.
4. Contract - We supervise the preparation of the timber sale contract to insure that it conforms to the conditions of the sale advertisement.
5. Logging Inspection - We conduct inspections while the logging operation is in progress to insure that the harvesting is being conducted according to the timber sale contract and the BMP's (Best Management Practices) of the State of Georgia.
TIMBER CRUISE - A cruise is a sampling of the timber to provide an estimate of the volume, along with the type of timber located on the property.
TIMBER APPRAISAL - A process, where a timber cruise of the subject property is compared to recent sales of like kind timber, to provide an estimate of the value of the timber on the subject property.
TIMBER MARKING - Used in selective harvesting to identify trees to be cut and removed. Reasons for selecting consist of diseased, low quality, matured, or providing for spacing for better growth. A tally of the marked trees can be carried out to provide a 100% estimate of the volume and type of timber to be sold.
LAND MANAGEMENT - We provide or arrange through other vendors forest road construction and maintenance, wildlife food plots, boundary line maintenance, gate installations, sitepreparation and tree planting.
REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE - We provide real estate sales and acquisition services in the State of Georgia. We do not represent a buyer and seller at the same time, unless it is agreed upon by all parties in the transaction.
APPRAISALS - We have a Certified General Real Property Appraiser and a Registered Forester. We provide rural land and timber appraisals. We can provide Special Farm Valuations for Estate Tax Purposes.
If you have questions or if you need any of the above services, send an email to email@example.com